Enjoy (i am only doing what my Master did … please realize that). for some of you, you enjoy confirming your walk with these studies, but for many, this is a pill that i pray will change your life to be like the Master. know that my love is deep - brother kyle
08 / 06 / 11
(Comments in parentheses and emphasis within Scriptures are mine.)
A common perception of life is: Ahhhh there is some money in the bank, my house is ample, I have a nice network of friends, and my family is healthy and beautiful therefore, God is happy with me and my spiritual life, and my salvation is secure.
Throughout history, there have been in each generation, people who hold to a similar such notion. However, God’s Word does NOT back up this perception. Take the following passage, for example. The nation had NOT been righteous or obedient to YHVH, yet they were seeking Him as if they had been. They were deceiving themselves, just as countless generations of people have been deceiving themselves:
“Yet they seek Me day by day and delight to know My ways, As a nation that has done righteousness And has not forsaken the ordinance of their God. They ask Me for just decisions, They delight in the nearness of God.” (Isaiah 58:2)
People today say, “Yes, we are sinners, but God sees only Jesus and His righteousness when He sees me. Anyway, Jesus did away with those Old Testament Laws.” Now, read the above passage again, which is addressed to people who disobey Him, and yet call out to Him as if He were pleased with their disobedient lifestyles.
Go ahead, I will wait.
“Yet they seek Me day by day (well, at least for an hour a week) and delight to know My ways (They buy book after book about ‘how to’, yet they do not study the Laws and the Prophets as Yeshua taught us to do), As a nation that has done righteousness (”Look at me, I am righteous through the blood of the Messiah’” Note: then why are they still sinning by repeatedly breaking the same Laws?) And has not forsaken the ordinance of their God (”We obey God we love everyone-so we have obeyed all God wants us to”). They ask Me for just decisions, They delight in the nearness of God (”We have such a good time at church with all the functions and we feel so close to God”).” (Isaiah 58:2)
Yet, God is silent in their lives. Oh, they pray, but how does He answer them? “Sometimes what I ask comes to pass sometimes it does not” (What, is prayer like Russian roulette?) God is clear about those who ‘act’ like and ’say’ they love Him, but do not because they do not obey His Laws:
“16 But to the wicked God says, ‘What right have you to tell of My statutes And to take My covenant in your mouth? 17 For you hate discipline, And you cast My words behind you. 21 These things you have done and I kept silence; You thought that I was just like you; I will reprove you and state the case in order before your eyes. 22 Now consider this, you who forget God, Or I will tear you in pieces, and there will be none to deliver.”" (Psalm 50:16-17, 21-22)
He is also clear about those who pray to Him while ignoring His Laws:
“He who turns away his ear from listening to the law, Even his prayer is an abomination.” (Proverbs 28:9)
Many people claim that they are part of the New Covenant, but claim though they may, their lives do not show that they are part of it. They tell of the stories of old, yet ignore His wrath, “Oh, that is not for me” they assume, as they continue to ignore His Laws they have forgotten that YHVH said that “they are your life“. Instead, they say, “Oh, our loving Master simply would not tell me to ‘go away’ and send me to damnation for not practicing His Father’s Laws. He must be talking to someone else.” Then, they continue to disobey and ignore His Sabbath, feasts, and eat what HE says is detestable. They are wrong; it is VERY clear (they just need to desire to know the truth at all cost). The Son (who could say NOTHING on His own, but only what His Father told Him to say) is talking to those who are claiming His covenant promises, yet are living without His Laws (Law-LESS-ness):
“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS (a life without the Law).‘” (Matthew 7:22-23)
Then the Master continues in vs 24 about those who hear His Words and practices them, thus are wise.
I WILL GIVE YOU JUST A FEW PASSAGES TO MEDIATE ON (Many people throughout history thought the same thing, “As long as we are worshiping and sacrificing to Him, our obedience to His laws doesn’t really matter”.)
“It shall be when he hears the words of this curse, that he will boast, saying, ‘I have peace though I walk in the stubbornness of my heart’.” (Deuteronomy 29:19)
“But you have behaved more wickedly than your fathers. See how each of you is following the stubbornness of his evil heart instead of obeying me.” (Jeremiah 16:12)
“But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.” (Romans 2:5)
Being repentant means to be sorry and to turn from that sin and set up your life to be in obedience, instead. Have you come to the place where you are truly repentant for transgressing His Laws?
“YHVH (The Lord) says: ‘These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men.‘ (Isaiah 29:13)
I write because I love each of you (NOT to boast, nor to mock, but to pull people from the raging fire who think their salvation is secure despite their lack of obedience). Unfortunately, many people honor YHVH by celebrating and worshiping Him on Sunday (a rule taught by man ; not in Scripture), yet disregard His command to honor the seventh-day (Saturday) Sabbath. They also worship Him on different man-made feast days (celebrations taught by man, but are not in Scripture) and they praise Him, yet do not celebrate and honor Him on the days He commands us to. They don’t even know His name OR the name of His Son (LORD and Jesus are NOT the names of the Father and Son; they are names given by man- NOT in the original Scriptures). All the while, they are also eating what HE calls detestable (but man teaches that it is clean and good to eat) yet they come near with their mouths to honor Him, HE says.
Many people justify their disregard for His laws by saying, “Oh, He knows my heart and that I love Him“. This is half right He DOES know each of our hearts, but as far as loving Him, He has been clear in the Torah, as well as the Apostolic writings about what loving Him looks like:
In the Torah:
“I command you today to love YHVH your God, (’what does loving YHVH look like?‘) to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that YHVH your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it. 17 But if your heart turns away and you will not obey, but are drawn away and worship other gods and serve them, 18 I declare to you today that you shall surely perish (Never enter the Kingdom that is coming).” (Deuteronomy 30:16-18)
I would list more, but many feel that the Old Testament is done away with and not for us Gentiles. This is sad and could not be farther away from the truth. So, let us look at the New Testament and what it says loving God looks like (Remember: the NT must line up with the OT, or else it would be a false teaching)!
In the New Testament:
“If you love me, you will obey what I command.” (John 14:15)
We know that Yeshua (Jesus) NEVER taught that the Law was done away with or not to be obeyed (Many use Paul’s misunderstood and hard to understand writings OVER those of the Master). We know that Yeshua could ONLY speak what the Father told Him to speak. We know that whatever is the Father’s is the Son’s It is obvious that the Son commanded obedience to the Father.
“And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.” (2 John 1:6)
“This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,” (1 John 5:2-3)
This was not something new “For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you,” (Deuteronomy 30:11)
IS YOUR DESIRE TO BE A PRIEST IN THE KINGDOM (GOVERNMENT) OF GOD?
(Then which priest do YOU think He will be coming for?):
“Her priests do violence to my law and profane my holy things; they do not distinguish between the holy and the common; they teach that there is no difference between the unclean and the clean; and they shut their eyes to the keeping of my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.” (Ezekiel 22:26)
This is referring to Israel’s priests of old, yet many of the pastors and priests of today would fit this description very easily.
“Moreover, they shall teach My people the difference between the holy and the profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean. 24 In a dispute they shall take their stand to judge; they shall judge it according to My ordinances. They shall also keep My laws and My statutes in all My appointed feasts and sanctify My sabbaths.” (Ezekiel 44:23-24)
This is referring to those who have the Spirit of Truth and are rising up and acknowledging the Laws and practicing them getting ready for His return! These devotions are teaching the difference between the holy and the profane.
It all has to do with our flesh. I am doing nothing more than what my Savior did, “Repent, less you perish in your sins” (Yeshua: “unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:5))
Not many listened to His warning, either (back then, or even today). Satan convinced Adam to sin, he convinced Israel to sin, he convinced the priests of Israel to sin, he did the same to the multitudes today did he convince YOU too? Oh, they all were still worshiping YHVH, yet it is all in vain.
Death and the end times – Part IV
11 / 29 / 08
(Comments in parentheses and emphasis are mine)
Please understand that these devotions are simply my thoughts put on a piece of paper as I study during the week. I then share my thoughts with my friends … all of you! There is more to the life of a believer than “seeking and saving the lost”. Although this may be ONE of the missions of a child of God, it most certainly is NOT the only one. Remember, loving our neighbor is the second greatest commandment, but the first and greatest is loving God. Part of loving someone is knowing them.
“Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” (John 17:3) In other words, we must know YHVH and His Salvation.
If it is in God’s Word, it is there for us to study. This devotion is the fourth part and the final devotion in the series on death. It is deep, and I (and others) have spent countless hours on it. It is an awesome study and is just that … a study. I was still studying it last week and did not feel it was ready yet, so there was no devotion last week. I believe that I am now ready to at least put some thoughts down in writing. Enjoy!
THERE SEEMS TO BE FOUR GROUPS OF PEOPLE (Maybe only three):
“Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called LEAST in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called GREAT in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:19)
“But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? ‘Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’ Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for NOBLE PURPOSES and some for COMMON USE? (Romans 9:20-21)
The above two passages reveal the first two groups:
1.) The first group is those who hear the message and believe. Out of faith, they turn their ear to the Law and practice it and teach it to others.
- These are the priests, or the elect. They have been set aside as YHVH’s possession. They will be great in the kingdom of heaven and used for noble purposes.
2.) The second group is those who are the least in the kingdom, as well as being called for common use. Unlike the priests, they seem to turn a deaf ear OR do not know the Law fully yet to teach it to others.
The next two passages reveal the third and fourth groups:
“Then Jesus began to denounce the cities in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent. ‘Woe to you, Korazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted up to the skies? No, you will go down to the depths. If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.” (Matthew 11:20-24)
“Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.” (Romans 9:18)
3.) The third group is those who heard the message clearly and refused to believe and “sin no more”. They would not accept the Law out of faith. They clearly have heard the message in this life with unstopped eyes and ears … and refused it.
- “If anyone turns a deaf ear to the law, even his prayers are detestable.” (Proverbs 28:9) and “We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will.” (John 9:31)
- Matthew 10:14-15 is also clear about those who hear the message: “If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town. I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.”
4.) The fourth group is those who maybe heard the message but were blinded by God (not chosen to be priests of to be used for noble purposes). They never heard the message and therefore, could not choose to believe. As you will see, God is merciful and has a plan for those who have not heard or those He has blinded on purpose. Haven’t you ever thought about those born into a family of “Christ haters?” These children and their parents simply hate the God of Israel because of ignorance. Many Jews have been hardened by God in order for US to hear the message (Romans 11:25). So, group # 4 contain all of those and also the “guys on the island” who never heard.
AT THIS TIME, THOUGH, GOD IS SIMPLY GATHERING UP HIS ELECT / PRIESTS
(Those who believe and obey will be the greatest and most noblest in the Kingdom to come. That is all that God is gathering at this time.)
Recall last week’s devotion (part three) about the Priests. We have found that the earthly priests were to have NO earthly inheritance. They, alone, were set aside for God and were told that God was going to be their inheritance. What is greater than that?
“I am to be the only inheritance the priests have. You are to give them no possession in Israel; I will be their possession.” (Ezekiel 44:28)
“And they sang a new song: ‘You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.” (Revelation 5:9-10)
LET US LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING POSSIBLE TIME-LINE OF WHAT IS TO COME:
1.) We have the great tribulation (To save space, since many know this part, we can read about it in Revelation 13-18). Here it speaks about the beast and the mark that the un-believers will receive who follow the beast; It speaks about the 144,000 from every tribe of Israel; It speaks about the plagues and the tribulation; It speaks about the distress so great that it had to be shortened for the sake of the elect. This is ALL before the 1,000 year reign.
2.) We find in Revelation 19:7-8 that the bride has made herself ready … “Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.” (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)” The bride is described as the city of Jerusalem (Revelation 21:2 and 9-10), yet we know that this stands for its inhabitants as Matthew 23:37 indicates. I believe that the inhabitants have made themselves ready – the priests or the elect – those chosen by God. Righteous acts are based upon following His righteous Laws (“For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.” … Romans 2:13). Those getting themselves ready are the priests. They follow the High Priest and He is their example. The High Priest loved and obeyed the Law perfectly … that is the goal of the priests. It is a Law for the wife (bride) to submit to her husband in everything (“Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.” (Ephesians 5:24)).
- Just like any hardship, the great tribulation made the bride even more ready: “I answered, “Sir, you know.” And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.” (Revelation 7:14) Being white means to be clean and without sin. It is through the blood of the Lamb that the Spirit of the Lamb comes and teaches the bride (thus taking away her sins … making her white). The priests are saved by faith, but by practicing the Laws, their sins are being removed.
- “Blow the trumpet in Zion, declare a holy fast, call a sacred assembly. Gather the people, consecrate the assembly; bring together the elders, gather the children, those nursing at the breast. Let the bridegroom leave his room and the bride her chamber.” (Joel 2:15-16) Did you notice the three Fall Feasts were alluded to twice … in order? Trumpets (blowing the trumpets which gathers the people), Day of Atonement (a fast day to consecrate the assembly), Tabernacles (assembling and bringing together the people) … WOW! The happy couple is preparing for the wedding!
3.) Recall that all the dead are still in the grave waiting to be called out (Some to everlasting life and some to everlasting contempt). We find in Revelation 19:20-21 the final destruction of the beast and the false prophet, as well as those who worshipped the beast and received the mark (vs 21) “The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse,”.
4.) Who is left? Why, the greatest deceiver of all … Satan. He is immediately taken and put into the Abyss for a 1,000 years (“And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.” … Revelation 20:1-2). The 1,000 years that Satan is bound is the seventh “day” of history since “a day is like a thousand years,” (2 Peter 3:8). To God, this is the Sabbath! The Law states that when someone gets married, the groom is not to be enlisted to go to war for one year. Plus, with Satan bound, there is no more work for the Son of God and His Bride for this “day” (1,000 years).
5.) NOTE: We are told that Satan will be released for a short time after the 1,000 years. If you have been following God’s appointments, the 1,000 year reign is the Feast of Tabernacles. After that Feast, we have the Eighth Day Assembly (The LAST appointment). And it is here that Satan is loosened to deceive once more. THIS time, just like the earthly example, God’s priests will be ready to rule (teaching in love). These who rise after the 1,000 years will hear both the messages (from Satan and the priests) “He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.” (Revelation 20:3)
6.) While Satan is out of the picture, the priests / elect are left. Those who were beheaded for Yeshua (Jesus) and His Word, those who were alive (the 144,000) and did not receive the mark, and finally those who obeyed the Laws of God out of faith, – all the above are the priests / elect. These (group # 1) take part in the FIRST resurrection (Note that they “came to life” from their sleep / death. They were not already with Him.): “I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:4) Those who rose in the FIRST resurrection will have no part in the second death. “Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:6)
7.) Okay … now what about the rest of the dead (groups # 2, 3, and 4)? “(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.)” (Revelation 20:5)
Let us stop here for a moment to meditate. The Son of God (High Priest) is with His priests. He is teaching them unhindered in a world much like that of the Garden of Eden. This is a blessed time for the priests who have been hand-picked, or chosen by God to be used for noble purposes and are great in the kingdom: “Then the angel said to me, ‘Write: ‘Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!’’ And he added, ‘These are the true words of God.’” (Revelation 20:9) (Give the happy couple some time together, will ya?) … ahhhh. This 1,000 year reign is God’s literal rest. It now gives more meaning to the words for those who disobey. They are told that they will NEVER enter His rest: “And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed?” (Hebrews 3:18) It is this 1,000 year rest that is being spoken of.
8.) Okay … the honeymoon is over. Time to start working together as a team (The Husband and His wife are now one). Time to loosen Satan “When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison” (Revelation 20:7) and put the final chapter to rest. Satan is loosened to deceive the nations. “and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth–Gog and Magog–to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore.” (Revelation 20:8) Who are the nations being spoken of since there is no-one left but Yeshua (Jesus) and His priests? The rest of the dead have now come to life after the 1,000 year reign when Satan was loosened again. I believe that this is speaking of only those who did not hear clearly before they died or were intentionally blinded by God for not being made to be a priest.
9.) We find Satan (who is a spirit) and possibly his fallen angels (who are spirits) being defeated.
- Satan and his angels are NOT flesh and blood, and therefore will be the only ones spoken of as being eternally in torment. “And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They (the beast, false prophet and Satan) will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” (Revelation 20:10). This is based upon Revelation 19:20 … “But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.”
10.) Okay, Satan and his army are eternally out of the way. It is time for judgment for groups # 2,3, and 4!
11.) Those who have risen after the 1,000 year reign have now heard both sides (the truth by the priests and the deception by Satan). (NOTE: death and Hades simply mean: grave or resting place. Sea could actually mean those who died in the sea and were never buried in the ground … OR … there are other places in God’s Word that use “sea” to mean the entire body of soil). The second resurrection was for group # 4 and now it is time to see who gets to experience the second death or receive eternal life. Recall that group # 4 is those who never heard the message and have now have heard it. They have a chance to accept or deny … such as the thief on the cross. It was simply faith at the last moment: “And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened (Note: The first set of books are the Torah, or Laws as given to Moses. The next book is the book of life.). Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire (Since we just had a group being judged for the first time, it mentions another group, “Then,” as if the rest of those in the graves were simply thrown into the lake of fire. Those are the ones who heard clearly and refused in the life they had) . The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:12-15) This day of judgment for groups # 2,3, and 4 is also spoken of in:
- Daniel 12:2 … “Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.”
- John 5:28-29. … “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out–those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.”
This, of course, is simply an outline, but it does reveal a couple things:
- Who will be with the Yeshua (Jesus) for a 1,000 years.
- There are at least TWO resurrections. The first is pretty clear that it is the priests (those who taught and practiced the Law out of faith). What is confusing is the order of the second resurrection.
• It seems to be clear that group # 3 do not get a “second” chance.
• It is clear that group # 4, who never had a chance in life to accept the truth or deny it, have their FIRST opportunity to hear clearly. They are given that chance by God “who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.” (1 Timothy 2:4).
• It is NOT clear about group # 2. It depends totally on their hearts when they heard the message of faith and repentance. Did they really understand that the Law determines what sin is, and that it is this Law (That Yeshua (Jesus) gave to Moses and the Prophets) that is to be obeyed out of faith? Did they hear clearly? If they did and they rejected, then the lake of fire is their destination. If they were blinded by God, then they will hear for the first time at the second resurrection.
This was simply a study to know my Father and His plan. I pray that you enjoyed it.
There are just so many other passages that speak of these times; it is amazing!
- Zechariah 14:16-17 is speaking about the time AFTER the 1,000 years. We see that there are people still refusing to obey God, so this is before all wickedness is totally eliminated, yet after the attack on Jerusalem. Therefore, it is before the final judgment. “Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, YHVH Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, YHVH Almighty, they will have no rain.” By sending no rain to those who do not obey, God is still trying to reach out and let them know who is King.
- Isaiah 30:18-21 is also speaking about AFTER the 1,000 years (and maybe after evil is eliminated). The priests, like they were commanded, teach all righteousness: “Yet YHVH longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For YHVH is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”
- We know (but do not understand fully) that the 144,000 come to accept the truth since they are sealed (Revelation 6:12). This is after the seven seals were broken, but notice that the 6th seal (Revelation 7:2-3) is speaking of the same events of Matthew 24:29-30 … “Immediately after the distress of those days ‘the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’ At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.”). So, the 144,000 are part of the first resurrection. Are these 144,000 to ensure that there is always a remnant of the natural children? Just a thought, since we know that the priests are taken from ALL nations (Revelation 5:9-10) in the end.
- Revelation 21:8 … “But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars–their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” We have come to know that such people are NOT children of God. In other words, we know that “If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:15)
- Let us not forget the role of priests. They administer the Law / truth. Therefore, “To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations–’He will rule them with an iron scepter; he will dash them to pieces like pottery’ — just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give him the morning star. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” (Revelation 2:26-29) I believe that this is after the 1,000 year reign and when Satan is released for a short time.
- The sad note: There will be many who heard the message to repent of their sins, yet continued in their sins. They do not practice obedience to the Laws of God out of faith in this life. Many do not realize that 99% of the time (if not all) when “wicked” or “evildoer” is mentioned in His Word, it is speaking about “transgressors of the Law”. Read Malachi 4:1-4. It is speaking about the day all evildoers are thrown into the lake of fire (Note what YHVH actually tells us to remember! This is a time yet to come!): “Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and that day that is coming will set them on fire,” says YHVH Almighty. “Not a root or a branch will be left to them. But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall. Then you will trample down the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I do these things,” says YHVH Almighty. “Remember the law of my servant Moses, the decrees and laws I gave him at Horeb for all Israel.” The evildoer becoming stubble from the flames is in line with Matthew 7:23 … “Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’” Those who perish will become totally consumed! Ashes is what they are called under the soles of the feet of those who love God.
• The word for evildoers is anomía; gen. anomías, from ánomos, lawless. Lawlessness. In most cases in the NT it means not the absence of the Law, but the violation of Law, i.e., transgression or lawlessness. In the NT, it places stress, not in a subjective law that we ourselves create for our convenience, but chiefly in a divinely instituted Law.
“Remember the law of my servant Moses, the decrees and laws I gave him at Horeb for all Israel.” IF you want to be a priest and be part of the first resurrection … start studying!
This is part of a series titled, Death and the End Times: